Sunday, July 30, 2006

salida omnium: TT

I signed in went over the machine and started to get ready. Plenty to drink I was pretty well fueled and after my ride in boulder that morning I was felling confident. The course started out of town and ran 7 miles or so back into town, losing about 300 ft. of elevation. I was worried that an 11 tooth sprocket would be more than necessary but as it was the dead straight headwind made for a slower ride. I felt good, the best I had yet since being here. I started steady and started to build into my rhythm. The distance was ticking away fast. I was feeling strong and I looked ahead to my 30” man trying to gain ground on him. However, my sight shifted to another man in front of me. My –30” man. Yes I was not only passed by him but I was passed before the 2 mile mark. now... I am not one to make excuses , however with the “fast” downhill course and the dead straight headwind, being aero was… a huge advantage. more than normal I must say. My carbon wheels are light. Very light in fact. But they are not TT wheels. No dish at all. And after riding for about 30 seconds I could feel the “lack of disk” that I was having to over come.

No comments: